Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Miss How it Used to Be

I miss how it used to be. The easy relationship I had with my mom. Oh there were times when it was hard, when she said things that made me cry, but we had a good relationship. I liked talking to her on the phone and looked forward to visiting her. But things aren't the same when you live together. It is as if there is a wall between us. One that has grown out of issues that each of us have toward one another. (Yep, I know I am not easy to live with, and she probably has at least as many complaints about living with us as we do living with her).

I hope that this all ends quickly so that we can get back to being friends, mother and daughter, and talking for real. Not just the surface polite stuff that comes with the times, but real talking. Deep down chit chatting for hours on end. I can't wait to give her a gift, one that she doesn't expect. So, often she expects so much...well it will be nice when that is gone and no longer the issue.

No comments: