Thursday, September 6, 2007

36. The Candy

I am not sure the whole story, as I have only heard it from one side. But the other day I heard my mom telling Marcus something along the lines of, "Don't tell your daddy or he will take it away." It made me mad; I feel like she is working toward making our son into a sneak. Albiet at 13 months it hasn't happened yet, but if she continued she would condition him into that. I am not sure that she thinks about such things.

I laughed, "What are you talking about?" She proceeded to tell me the following story:
The other day I watched Peter take away a piece of candy from Marcus. I knew that he was intentionally taking it away because I had told him that I had given Marcus the candy. But he didn't care that I had given it to him and he took it right out of his mouth.


I don't know what happened, nor do I know why Peter took the candy away from Marcus (or for that matter if he even really did, since Marcus puts tons of things in his mouth and often has to have stuff taken out of it. But it made me mad. Here she is telling him to keep secrets from his parents, sneak candy, and next will come lying!

No comments: