Wednesday, September 12, 2007

42. Put off Today What You Can Do Tomorrow

I am not saying that it always works this way. But having had a lifetime of procrastination under my belt, I must say that it isn't wise to put off today what you can do tomorrow. I think that it is best to just get what needs to be done, done (though I often don't). However, my mom choose to wait. I was supposed to take her Monday to get her blood drawn and her x-rays done, and she choose to wait. When my father-in-law called and told me that I would have to pick him up on Tuesday afternoon. She wanted to go to the hospital on Tuesday morning. Then Tuesday morning while getting ready we received a phone call from none other then my dear father-in-law letting us know that he would be arriving shortly and would need the van back to commence his life here in West Texas.

The point is...she put it off. It still has to be done and the sooner the better. But now I have to finagle a way to get it done. I certainly can't find a magic pumpkin and get her there that way. I very much hate getting up at four thirty and driving my husband to work at five thirty and driving back alone in the dark (it is a half an hour trip), but that right now is the easiest way to have a vehicle. Unless I ask my father-in-law. I keep feeling like one day he will be frustrated with me and feel as though I am using him. I hate asking for help again and again...

No comments: