Friday, September 21, 2007

47. The Milk

While growing up I was taught a most terrible habit. I was taught to sneak drinks of milk right out of the gallon. I would often get yelled at, but once I had such a habit it didn't matter. I got this habit from my mom and at one time one of her boyfriends. Of course when her boyfriend lived with us I didn't get in trouble. That is really when my habit started. It was later on after that habit was well developed that I would get in trouble for it.

It has never bothered my husband. At least not until recently. Recently he learned that my mom drinks from the milk here at our house. This made him mad. After all he told me, "I kiss you, but I don't want to be kissing your mom." There was a fight. It was one of those childish fights. Well, your wife does it was pretty much my mom's response. It was at that time that both of us were banned from drinking out of the milk. Which made me mad (after all it is my house). I continued to do it. Mom continued to do though not in front of any one. Even though we all knew that was what was happening we let it go.

The day before yesterday mom caught be drinking milk out of the gallon. Now she has decided she no longer has to hide the fact that she drinks out of the gallon. Of course she was upset when my husband told her the he didn't want her to drink out of the gallon even though she feels the same way about him. She even asked me once if he had picked up the habit!

No comments: