Thursday, September 6, 2007

37. Yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days. I felt good. I felt really good, which was a good thing because the day before I had felt really bad, really really bad. Anyhow, I felt good (which was good for a different reason, I forgot we were helping friends move after work).

Me feeling good meant that my mom wanted to do something. Feeling bad that she is often stuck at home and knowing how she feels (though I am not here as much as she is and I have more to do while I am here, I still feel sympathy for her and there have been times when I have been much more stuck here then recently). She wanted to go and pick up a few items from the store which is just up the block. She wanted me to push her (and the baby) in her wheelchair. While this often hurts me and never feels that great, I agreed. I was looking for an easier route when it happened. One of those horrifying could have ended terribly wrong types of events. We were going along when we came to a place in the sidewalk that we could not just roll over. I pushed nice and fast so that we could get on the grass and go around this place. Unbeknown to me however was that right where I was leaving the sidewalk and entering the lawn was a large whole that was covered by overgrown ground cover. The front wheel went in this whole, the baby went flying, mom went down, and the momentum tried to pull me and the chair on them both. It could have ended really badly. Mom could have crushed the baby. Both of them could have broken something. Thank goodness sore was all that happened. Though it shook all of us up real good.

I didn't know whether to tell this story just as the freak accident that it was or to number it as one of the things I hate about living with my mom. I decided to number it, because she wants me to risk life and limb (a bit of an exaggeration on most days) to take her out. I think I have complained about this before, but I must say it is a lot of work for me and very time consuming to take her out in such a way. If/when we have a second car...it will be no big deal, but for now it is a pretty big deal and can end in scary ways. We did not make it to the store yesterday. Having been all shaken up we just went home.

Well...till next time.

No comments: