Tuesday, September 25, 2007

50. I want...

I know that life sucks without money. I know that it isn't fair that some people have it an others don't. Life is better when you can spend some money on the things you want as well as the things you need. However, there are certain things you shouldn't do. It is just a fact. But my mom doesn't really care about the things she shouldn't do.

I don't have much money. Part of this is do to the fact that the budget is set up to pay off our debts and save for large purchases (we are hoping to get a laptop real soon). Part of this is due to the plastic age. My husband has all the plastic, not because he is some controlling monster or anything, but because I didn't have ID upon arriving in Texas and could not be added to the bank account. Since then we haven't done anything to fix it.

Yesterday, we were driving around all day. At one point my mom goes, "Do you have any money I could have." Now if I did have money it wouldn't be much and I would be saving it to spend on something I want, but anyhow, like I said, those things don't really matter to my mom. I was like, "Nope, why." Well I want...She has a lot of wants which she informed me of, most of which are expensive (including a machine that crochets). But this list was small and inexpensive. She wanted some needles and some knitting needles. But then she added to it when I told her I would see what I could do.

So, we went to the store last night (because we really needed envelopes and file folders). We bought her list of things, we spent more money on her then on us. It is frustrating because she doesn't see that she gets more of her wants then the rest of us.

No comments: