Monday, September 17, 2007

45. Privacy

My mom isn't the most private person in the world. She has never liked to shut the bathroom door. So, that's how I grew up. Leaving the door open and not caring about the rest of the family walking by. Of course our bathroom when I was growing up was such that no one could see anything if they did happen to walk by. My mom still doesn't like to close the bathroom. Which isn't too bad since she hung a curtain in the hall to block the entrance to her bathroom and bedroom. This of course doesn't look too inviting when we have company and they have to use our bathroom, but I am okay with that.

What I don't feel okay with is listening to my mom go to the bathroom. Even if we shut our door (which we usually do) we can here her grunting, growning and moaning. Maybe if she shut the bathroom door we wouldn't here so much. But it doesn't work that way. I do feel sympathy that she has so many bathroom issues, but knowing that there is nothing I can do, I just wish I didn't have to hear them...

No comments: