Friday, September 14, 2007

44. Respect and Quiet

I respect my mom. This is why I struggle to get the laundry done. She says that it bothers her when she is trying to sleep (which is often during the day). This makes it hard for me to get it done. But the respectful thing is to not do it when she is trying to sleep. This goes for other things too. I don't listen to music because it bothers her. We only have music at the computer in our room, so it has to be up quite loud in order to hear it in the living room and kitchen. This means it makes it hard for her to hear her tv. Well, being respectful is important to me, but I do miss music, especially while cooking, cleaning, and working on arts and crafts. But there isn't much to be done about that. I just have to try and get the laundry done when I know she is awake (maybe one of the sleepless nights she says she has been having!)

No comments: