Wednesday, August 22, 2007

29. Trapped

We have an opportunity to move into a trailer. It would save us about three to five hundred dollars a month. But my mom won't fit. So, now I feel trapped. I feel like I have a commitment that I can't break, even if breaking it would benefit the rest of my family. She should have her hearing in November (at the latest), but what if she doesn't get her money? What then. I could make it all work so that we could move after November (I think), but I am completely uncertain as to what will happen to us all if she doesn't get her money.

I don't want to feel stuck or trapped, but I feel both. And a tad bit guilty that I want out so bad. It really makes me wish we would have left her in Michigan and helped her pay her bills and paid for someone to come in and help her. There she had housing (for thirteen bucks a month), food stamps, and a few friends. We would just have had to cover her thirteen bucks a month, electricity, money for the bus, a few personal needs. Probably about three hundred a month (which is probably less then we pay for her to live here). Well I guess it is too late now...

No comments: