Sunday, August 19, 2007

27. The Tension

It is very difficult for me. I feel placed in the middle between my mother, who I have always loved, and my husband, who I have loved almost since the time I met him three years ago. My husband doesn't mean to put me there, but in some ways he does do that. He has several issues, not so much with my mom being here, but with the way that she tries to "rule" his house. She wants to be queen bee and it bothers him. He also doesn't like the way that she often treats me like I owe her and like I should be more subservient to her. So, I feel like I have to try and protect my mom from my husband. I feel like I should find a way to calm him down. In the begining I tried to not talk to him about her at all. I tried to keep it all quiet and just tell you. But that was putting a strain on our marriage, me keeping all of that. He had no idea I was struggling so much.

My mom, at the same time is a whole different part of this story. She makes me feel like she is trying to separate us. She tries to talk me into getting the things that she wants by pouting and denying him sex. This is especially true if it is something I would enjoy as well. She tries to get money, spend money, and borrow money behind his back, through me. She has made it very clear that since she has moved in with us she has decided that she doesn't really like my husband. She makes me feel like I have to protect him from her. I have to stand between the two of them and hope I don't get injured in the process.

I am not sure what to do. I am not sure how long I can be in the middle without landing in a messy heap.

No comments: