Thursday, August 16, 2007

25. The Brother and Her

My brother lived with my mom for an extra year. This was primarily because he got my dad's social security that last year, and that was what my mom was living off of. He hated it. I hated listening to them both complain, so sadly it has recently felt like I don't have much of a relationship with my brother because I tried to stay out of listening to them complain.

One thing that occured that I hated when I lived with them was Joel (my brother) eating everything. You would go to get something yummy and he would have eaten the whole dang thing. Or one day there is a box of cheese its and the next morning they are gone.

I hated that! So did my mom. She complained about it all of the time. Complain, complain, complain.

Oh my gosh, she does it too. It wasn't something I noticed she did until she moved into our house. But she does it too! We bought a half gallon of ice cream, we all had a little bowl. About 2/3 of it were left. Go back a week later and she has finished it off, by herself. She finished of my husbands snacks for lunch this month. She knew they were for his lunch (and I bought generic thinking she would leave them alone), and still she finished them off. She finished off the baby's crackers, the ones I use to give him at snack time!

Now this next one is a little harder to complain about, because she didn't finish of snack foods or yummies here. She finished off two bags of frozen chicken breasts. It is bad because we don't eat a lot of meat and she cooked the chicken breast and at just that (or put it in a tortillia). It is now really bad because (for the rest of the month, my husband didn't have a job the first part and his paycheck will be very late) we are almost out of meat. For the rest of the month we have, one small package of cubed chicken breast, a roast, a small package of four small pork chops, and a 3/4 pound package of burger. We eat a lot of chicken, but it is usually put into our meal...like chicken and stir fry with rice, or chicken on top of fettuccine with sauce. Meat is expensive, so we don't eat a lot of it. Oh my gosh!

No comments: