Monday, August 20, 2007

28. You Work For ME! boy

Okay, so she never used that frase. But she does seem to use that expectation. Yesterday she came and asked for my last four dollars (albiet from my change jar, so really the last four dollars) so that she could fill a muscle relaxer script. I couldn't say no. I know she is hurting and I am just not the type to be heartless about it. It was Sunday and my husband was lazing around. It was the first day he didn't HAVE to do something, so he was enjoying and reading a book. Mom asked if he would go get her prescription filled. Of course he said yes. But then she expected him to jump right up and go and get it. When he didn't she came back to me to see if I would make him go get it. It was like she had something she wanted something done and everyone needed to jump to do her bidding.

Well it made my husband grumpy. He hates having others tell him when and what he has to do on his day off. Especially when we are talking about going to the store. He hates going there, and it is a thirty minute wait. Just long enough you really don't want to stick around, but not long enough to go somewhere else and do something different. Top it all it was tax free weekend here in Texas (this is an odd concept to me, but they give you the weekend to buy stuff in honor of back to school), so the stores were swarming with people!

No comments: