Wednesday, November 7, 2007

An Update

Lots has happened in my life in the last two years. Of course my mom has brought to light a few things that she would like see happen the next few months. She has decided that she doesn't really want to move back to Michigan. She would like to live around here, near us, near her only biological grandchild. Then yesterday my brother asked if he and one of his buddies could stay here while they got jobs, found a place to live, and then moved his girlfriend/fiance and her four kids down from Michigan.

This does a few things. First, if mom stays around here I can help make sure she is all right. If Joel comes down then him and Mari can help me do that and it would be a sharing of the responsibility, which sounds wonderful. No matter what issues I have with my mom, and particularly what issues I have with her living here, this isn't quite the same as having issues with her all together.

I really miss having her as my friend, which would be something that I could do more easily if I could go visit her or she could visit me. Maybe life will turn out all right after all?

No comments: