Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Michigan to Wisconsing 3am

I am one of those people who fall asleep at the wheel. I did it once on a short one and a half hour trip from Lansing, Michigan to Grand Rapids, Michigan. I totaled my mom's car that night hitting a semi truck. This makes me weary of driving at night. But sometimes it can't be avoided. We drove from Michigan to Wisconsin ( a nine hour drive) in the middle of the night this past March. I did really well, until that last forty five minutes of the trip. It was three am, my mom who was supposed to be keeping me awake had fallen asleep, and so was our baby. It was foggy, dark, and in the middle of no where. The fog was the type that seemed alive and was thick and dangerous. My eyes felt so heavy. I felt as if I had to fight my way through the fog (and the sleep) in order to make it home without snoozing. I did it. It was hard work.

Of course that fog was nothing compared to what the people in Stephen King's new movie have to face. The Mist by Stephen King is coming out. The characters in this movie really do have to survive the fog (or mist if you wish) and they have to fight through it in order to do that. The Mist is full of unworldly creatures that attack.

Being a Stephen King fan (and one who just enjoys horror movies) I was excited to see this new trailer. You should check out the trailer, and of course the movie! Enjoy a night out with someone who's hand you can hold!

No comments: