Friday, November 9, 2007

70. The Kitchen

Yesterday the dishes weren't done. They were neatly piled in the sink, waiting to be rinsed and tossed in the dishwasher. My mom felt good, so she decided she would help by "doing the dishes". Her definition of doing the dishes is to rinse them all off and pile them on the two inches of apartment kitchen counter space that we have. So, when I went to make lunch, there was no where to put anything. Top it all of she was still in there so I could start putting them in the dish washer. I had to wait, until she was done. Which always takes awhile because she will stand and do it for a little while and then go sit down and then start the process over.

I think it is wonderful that she wants to help. But there are other things she could do which wouldn't make it feel like the mess is growing out of proportions and taking over the space I need to work in. It was completely frustrating.

But then sometimes it feels that that is how she forces me to do what she wants, since she had already asked when I was going to do the dishes (twice). This way they get done. They have to get done (they are piled up everywhere waiting o go in the dishwasher.

Anyway...just till (March?!?).

No comments: