Monday, October 1, 2007

54. I Would Like to Go Out to Eat

I spent the day at work with my husband yesterday (it was inventory counting so I helped out since I hadn't seen him all day). We got home about four and at that time I was telling mom about my day (which had been pretty good, though my feet were tired since I don't have a decent pair of shoes right now). Toward the middle of the conversation she let me know that she wanted to go out to eat. Albeit we still have five days till pay day and don't have going out to eat money. We barely have milk money till Friday, but she wants to go out to eat.

Well, we didn't go out to eat, but she makes me feel bad. What am I suppose to say? How am I suppose to jump up and be like of course we can go out to eat. I understand you want out of the house, you are sick of my cooking, and don't want to cook yourself. Top it all off we are out of food that you don't really have to cook to eat (except microwave popcorn if you can count that). Anyway, I just wish she would be happy when we invite her to eat out and not make us feel like we need to eat out to please her.

Is that too much to ask?

No comments: