Tuesday, October 2, 2007

55. Greetings

I have been trying a new technique with dealing with my mom. Yesterday I invited her to our family night out. We went out to eat, we then went to the library and we got home about nine thirty. She had a great time. Marcus had a great time. I had an okay time, though I was completely frustrated by book limits set by this rinky dink library system that we are now a part of (we are used to checking out 100 books at a time and now we have a 40 book limit and only 20 can be non-fiction, but who wants to check out 20 fiction books at once?). Anyway, my husband had an okay time, it took too long for his tastes. But none the less it was a decent night out.

Well, now mom is talking about all the outings she wants to take coming up. First she has her doctors appointment on Thursday, she wants to go shopping with me on Friday (when we get paid), and she wants us to take her shopping on Saturday (H.E.B., Walmart, and some bulk food store). I must say that I do not want to go shopping on Saturday or Sunday. H.E.B. and Walmart are worse then the zoo on the weekends. You have to fight your way in and fight your way out and it just isn't an enjoyable experience. I always walk away feeling frustrated and upset. The problem, she gets her food stamps this weekend, so she would like to buy more food for herself. Which can be translated into junk food for herself. She ran out of food that she bought for herself after the first week, sides from a little chocolate since she bought about eight pounds of chocolate for the month.

But, she is up at five asking us if we are going on Saturday...

No comments: