Friday, October 19, 2007

60. Dinner or No?

I have decided that it is one of my pet peeves to have someone decide whether or not they are eating by what you have cooked. "Are you eating with us tonight?" "What's for dinner?" or "What did you cook?" is the next line. It was something that wasn't allowed when I was growing up, and I certainly understand now. But come on, how frustrating can it be?

Cooking for a crowd that likes different things is a pain in the! I like to use seasonings and herbs, she doesn't and pepper isn't in her vocabulary at all! She doesn't like cheese very much (one of my favorite foods), and she complains we don't eat enough potatoes. The biggest reason we don't eat a lot of potatoes is the fact that my husband doesn't like the microwaved the next day, so I try to make foods that he will eat at work. She doesn't like pasta very much and it is one of my favorite dishes. Of course she would rather have a bowl of ice cream then a nice pasta dish (with the exception of spaghetti).

But often I just don't cook things she likes enough. And she complains about it. The other day we had loaded baked potatoes with all the fixings, and she complained that the bacon wasn't crispy enough. Well, gee wiz!

No comments: