Wednesday, October 3, 2007

56. Forgetfulness

I know it isn't right to complain about something like forgetfulness, but it is driving me crazy. Maybe it isn't the fact that she has forgotten that we have talked about certain things, but that she gets angry about us not talking about them. Then she says things like, "you never talk to me!" But that isn't true. The big issue here was passing on information about what was going on in the Michigan state government. My father-in-law had talked to me a little bit about what was going on and then I talked to mom. But she doesn't remember that we talked. So when my brother calls and tells her, and then she says, this is what's happening, and I say, "I know." She gets mad and asks why didn't you tell me? And I am like, I did. And she is like, "no you didn't". And of course she thinks that that is because I never talk to her. But I do talk to her. Errr.

I know I can't get too mad, because it is certainly not her fault that she doesn't remember well anymore. It is just frustrating. Of course it would be frustrating even if she didn't live with me. But what can I say?

No comments: