Saturday, June 2, 2007

3. "Hiding" in my room

It doesn't feel like a whole lot has changed since I was a child. Now my name is on the lease, but I am still "hiding" in my room.

As a teen I spent a lot of time in my room. A bright shade of purplish-periwinkle covered the wall. I hated that color, but didn't have the heart to tell my mom after she did it while I was at camp to surprise me. I had a twin, a cupboard unit, a vanity, and a desk, and very little space to move.

The room is different...
Now I have a much larger room, the master bedroom in our two bedroom apartment...just over 11 feet by just over 13 feet. My bed is queen size, bookshelves cover most of my walls, and my desk now includes a fairly decent computer. I have a walk in closet that triples as a baby room and laundry room (good thing it is really big).

The fact is the same...
We fight or get close to fighting, so I go and hide. This time I have to take my 10 month old son with me, and I have less to do in here then before (though the computer lets me work on our website, blog, or whatever).

Today, it is just close to fighting. I am feeling really depressed about the situation. My husband is 1400 miles away and I am not dealing well today. There is so much to do before we can get on the bus in two weeks and I am feeling over whelmed. I know that I am touchy, and she is too. I just get frustrated with her so easily. So, now I am hiding in my room, wishing for speakers hooked up to the computer, having a son crawl all over me hoping we can do something more fun then we are.

No comments: