Wednesday, June 6, 2007

6. Eating Habits for 500

All my life I have learned horrible eating habits. The only thing that I never learned to do was put salt on everything and that is because she doesn't like salt.

Other then that I have learned to indulge, over eat, consume mass amounts of sugar (especially when stressed), fry almost every mean, and enjoy dessert before a meal, after a meal, instead of a meal. Since being out on my own I have tried to trade some of those habits for better ones. Like trading white for wheat and vegetable for olive oil. It hasn't always been easy eating better, and I still have not gotten where I want to get, but she doesn't help!

The other day I had to buy vegetable oil, because the olive oil and the canola oil (both of which are a slightly better choice) weren't good enough for her. Today when I came home from the store I didn't buy enough junk food. She had the munchies and all the munchie food was for our trip (37 hours on the bus).

If she could eat chocolate in her own space, go shopping on her own, and cook her own meals then it wouldn't be the issue that it is. But she can't and I have a hard enough time not sitting down to a half gallon of ice cream for dinner.

No comments: