Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I Hope Your Holidays Were Bright

I had good holidays, and avoided working that whole time. Now I am back and like, oh my I haven't posted since the nineteenth! Well, readership is down, partly due to no posting, partly due to the end of the year, Christmas, and all that jazz. I hope you had a good holiday as well...

I don't normally use this blog to talk about myself, at least not in the usual way, but I figured since it was a new year and all I would add this post. Christmas was exciting and brought about a few changes in our lives. Our son got a lot of toys from my husband's parents. This was a wonderful thing for me since we didn't have money to spend on him this year. Him being 17 months it isn't like he will remember we didn't spend a lot of money on him (I did buy him a game off of ebay, but it wasn't for much money).

My in-laws have been wonderful to me. They are taking the baby every Wednesday from three to six. It isn't a long period of time, but it lets me get more work done. Of course this hasn't happened over the holidays, but it is happening today. I am rather excited, I have so much going on that I really need the time to work. I think I need to start getting up at four again, but I am just not very good about waking up, and then I feel extra tired. Top it all off I have had a cold lately. But I am on the up from that.

I must say, since this is mostly about my relationship with my mom, I wanted to add...Monday I felt horrible and was so tired when the baby woke up. My mom actually took the baby to her room and watched him for an hour and a half. It is the second time she has helped me out since she moved in in March of 2007. I am very excited.

It does look like she will probably be moving out some time soon, though I am not sure when. I am very excited by this. Our apartment will feel huge and it will be all ours. That sounds supervillianish, but in reality it will be wonderful. She has most of the storage space and that makes it hard. Additionally having the baby in our closet is feeling horrible. We have been weaning him off of the bottle he was used to getting when going down for a nap and bed. I have put it off because he lives in the closet, but I really couldn't any longer. He isn't quite sleeping through the night and naps have become insanely short, but we are working hard at it.

Well...I must be off...I really hope your holidays were good ones!

No comments: