Tuesday, January 22, 2008

90. Demands

There are times when I look at my life and I know that I will survive, but I am just not sure how. With my mom here, I have been stretched and my relationship with my husband has been stretched. It is certain that with the stress we have gone through in the first two and half years of marriage, we are bound and determined to survive it all.

Lately the demands have been getting to me though. Sunday mom demanded we go out and get lettuce, tomatoes, and croûtons. While at the store I learned that lettuce in the bag was cheaper then by the head. I called my mom to make sure she wanted these items for a salad (she had mentioned throwing the croûtons in with stuffing. I figured that if she wanted a salad that it would be best to get the bag of salad mix. She threw a fit. "I like it better by the head! It stays fresh longer and tastes better!" So we bought the head of lettuce even though we could have saved money and gotten more for our money buying the bag.

Today she demanded that I go to the store to get oatmeal so she could make no bake cookies and solve her chocolate craving. I didn't do it because we are out of money for groceries this month (actually we went over with the stuff we bought this weekend). When I tried to explain this to her, she told me to go around and ask the neighbors for oatmeal. This seemed crazy! I don't know my neighbors and I am not the type that feels comfortable going and asking for things from them.

But, it isn't really about me. These demands are really about her instead of me. But such as life.

No comments: