Tuesday, December 11, 2007

85.Schedule Issues

My mom likes to live on her own schedule. Which is fine. She sleeps all day many days and is often up late into the night doing one thing or another. There are just two problems with this. The first is when she is noisy at night while the rest of us are sleeping. After all, it is night, we do have to be up at certain times, and we can't sleep whenever we want. Her TV gets loud, she bangs around, and moves around to get things, and she showers. All of which make a lot of noise. The second problem arises when she wants us to be abnormally quiet during the day. After all she is sleeping. Well it is hard to keep a 16 month old quiet (no matter what time of day) if he doesn't want to be. Then there is the fact that he loves to visit grandma and usually starts knocking on her door about a half hour after he gets up. I have tried to stop this, but it is hard to do if I am going to do anything other then hold him down! Plus she hates the washer and dryer running while she is sleeping. It isn't that I blame her for disliking it, but what am I to do? When she sleeps entire, unplanned days away, how am I supposed to plan to do laundry when she is awake?

Ah, I am hoping that it won't be long...and she will be out.

No comments: