Friday, December 7, 2007

83. Shopping

Today we have to go fill out paperwork for my mom (after nap time). That is fine and dandy. Then there is the heart medicine my mom wants. While we are at Walmart to pick up her prescription (there is a forty five minute wait period) I am planning on doing a little shopping. Already I feel tense. I feel like I know that my mom will ask for something. In particular she will probably ask for something chocolate. If I buy it for my mom, my husband will get upset. After all buying chocolate for someone with no self control is a never ending process. There for awhile she was buying 8-10 pounds of chocolate a month in the form of candy bars, kisses, and other types of chocolate. Plus licorice, peanut butter m &m's and sometimes more. Then she no longer had food stamps so she wasn't buying all that crap.

I hate feeling all tense and worried. Especially about something like this. But no matter what, I have never been able to say no to my mom. She borrowed money, paid late, and made me take cash out of my credit card to pay my rent because of it, and still I couldn't say no when she wanted to borrow money. And of course there was the time she wanted to live with me feeling she had no other choice, I couldn't say no then either...

No comments: