Thursday, July 5, 2007

14.Money, Food, and Chores

Thinking back to my previous posts I am beginning to think that there are three issues that are really going to take up my 1001 things. There may be different things that happen or slightly different complaints, but they all surround money, food, and chores.

Money. We are paying her current credit card debt. We make the minimum monthly payment, on time, every month, even though we can't really afford to. Now she has over drafted her credit card, and it now comes with credit card fees. She is spending money she doesn't have while we are paying the bill! It makes me downright mad. Now she wants to add my bank account to her online account so that she can pay the bill early and hopefully stop the over draft fees. Do I trust her not to then use my bank account to pay her bill any old time that she feels like it? I don't know. This is the woman who has three negative marks on my credit, including a computer that she owes 2200 for. I have a hard time telling her no, but it feels dangerous not to.

Food. She complains about what I cook, she complains about what there is to eat, yet I buy exactly what she orders. Three weeks in a row I have bought everything on her list, and spent more on her individual food then I have for my husband, one year old son, and myself. It is downright frustrating.

Chores. Chores have always been an issue. When I was a teen we fought about them all the time, but ultimately her way was it, she was the boss and that was that. She could tell me what I had to do and when I had to do it. And when it didn't happen then she yelled at me. Now it is my house and she hounds and nags. The first time she started nagging yesterday I understood. My laundry was in the dryer and needed to be removed in order for her to finish hers. As much as I hate sharing my washer and dryer, at least it is understandable that she would want to use it and need me to move my stuff. Then she started with the dishes. The dishwasher needs to be emptied. The dishes need to be taken care of. On and on. I already know that! So, the baby went to bed and I took care of the dishes, reloaded the dishwasher, washed down the stove and counters, swept and mopped, yay. I like a clean kitchen after all. Then I hear her telling my husband, "You should pick up all the baby toys." And she starts hounding him till he does what she wants. We went to the store (to buy the groceries that she needed and a few other items). We get back, and she has tied the garbage to the front door! How is that for demanding that you do what she wants when she wants it done?

Worst of all, each day it gets worse, each day I get angrier, each day I want to run away. I feel myself filling with hate, and I really don't want that. I don't know what to do. I have no place to go and really no one to turn to. Complaining to my husband doesn't just let me blow off steam, it makes him angrier which certainly doesn't help. Mom and I have fought a few times, but that doesn't really do anything but make both of us cry, and both of us upset. She doesn't change, after all she thinks it is me who is in the wrong. If I did what she wanted me to when she wanted me to then there wouldn't be nagging, and if I cooked food she liked then there wouldn't be food issues, and if I gave her more money then she wouldn't need to overdraft her credit card. IF.

No comments: