Tuesday, July 24, 2007

19. If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say...

I remember that whenever we complained, whether it was about life, aches and pains, or other people, we were told, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

I understand that people who don't feel well tend to complain. If pain is the thing you think about the most then it will come out. However, all she does is complain. From the time we meet at the breakfast table to the time that I lock myself away in the bedroom. She complains about her pain and how she feels, she complains about things on the floor (while the baby plays his toys are, yep, you guessed it, on the floor), she complains to the baby and using sentences that she says to and "through" the baby but really directed at me, and she complains about other people. It has been days since she has said anything positive.

It feels like a rough rock that scrapes at my sanity and my patience. If I take a nap she complains about how much I have slept today (though she doesn't seem to realize that I have been busy most of the day and only took a forty minute nap). She complains about what was purchased and what wasn't purchased. Yep I bought veggies and fruit instead of lemon pie and ice cream. I told her that it was because I don't know moderation (which is true, and is part of why I didn't buy pie and ice cream, additionally I don't like paying six dollars for her favorite half gallon or twelve for her lemon pie only to have it consumed in one day). Her response to my need for moderation? "Oh, so the rest of us have to suffer because you are trying to loose weight!" Um, no...remember...you put chocolate on your list..."Lots and Lots of Chocolate" and that's what I got you. Yep...Six pounds of it in the form of your favorite candy bars and those kisses you like so much.

Well the dishes aren't kept up with and the floor could be vacuumed (with the swivel sweeper), I would rather spend time playing and taking care of things important to me. It isn't like my house should be condemned or anything (thought to listen to her...)

No comments: