Wednesday, July 18, 2007

18. Vacuum

I like the look of a clean house, but I don't need the vacuum lines to feel good about it.

I have hated living in an apartment and having a vacuum cleaner. There is never a convenient place to put it. You always have to work hard to get it in it's hiding place, work harder to get it out of it's hiding place, or leave it out in the open and waiting for the next use.

So, when I saw the info commercial for a swivel sweeper, I decided to give it a try. Of course it wasn't as wonderful as the commercial said, but it worked well. It picked up dirt, hair, dust, food, and such on both carpet and linoleum. It keeps the carpet clean, however it doesn't leave vacuum lines.

My mom argued that we needed a vacuum so the floor looked like we vacuumed it. Not so it was clean, but so it looked like we vacuumed. I decided since she didn't vacuum anyway...

Now we are in Texas and I still love the Swivel Sweeper which stores easily in the utility closet. However she continues to harass me about the vacuum cleaner and has even asked me to borrow the neighbors vacuum so that the floor will "look vacuumed". She wants a 700 dollar vacuum and she admits that the primary reason is so the floor gets those lines in it!

No Thank You!

No comments: