Friday, July 6, 2007

15. Childlike Behavior

There are some people who never grow up. This can take many forms. Sometimes it is having a joyful time at life. You know who I am talking about. That old man who is such a kid at heart. Who loves playing with things while shopping and splashing in mud puddles. This can be a lot of fun and it can be a great time for those around such people. These people help you to relax and play, to remember childhood times and to lighten up a bit.

Then there are those who never grow up in other ways. You have your husband who still leaves his dirty socks everywhere! Or the adult who can not entertain him or herself.

It is the entertain me mentality that is driving me crazy. My mom is 48 years old. When I was a child and complained of being bored we were always told, "Find something to do, or there is always the toilet to be cleaned." Now, my mom keeps complaining of being bored to death. I have gone out of my way to take her out several days now, even though it is hard while battling a cold, and still it isn't enough. I know we don't have a tv, but there are plenty of other things to do if you take the time to do them. We have boxes of books, plenty of unpacking to do, paper to write on, and a computer that she is willing to use while my husband and I try napping right next to her. Why she doesn't want to use the computer when no one is in here I don't know. But I just can not continue to go out of my way so that she can be entertained.

Yesterday I had the second break since coming to Texas. The first break was on a really bad day of mom's. I was pretty sick, so my father-in-law came and took the baby. It was supposed to be a few hours and that was it, I was going to nap. Well mom wanted me to do this and that to help with her personal care, after all it was while the baby was gone.

No comments: